INVITATION FOR VOLUNTARY APPOINTMENT IN LAO PDR
IN-COUNTRY OPERATIONS MANAGER
MiVAC (Mines Victims and Clearance) is a non-government organisation undertaking humanitarian work in Xiengkhouang Province of Lao Peoples Democratic Republic. The scope of work includes the construction of water supply and sewerage facilities for poverty-stricken communities in the province. The first stage of this project is being funded by Rotary clubs and augmented with a Rotary International Global Grant.
The current in-country manager of MiVAC is due to complete his tour of duty by the last week of September 2014, and we are seeking a replacement for this voluntary position.
The duration of the posting is negotiable, but the selected person should reside in Lao for a minimum of 3 months but preferably 4 months or more. Spouses are welcome to accompany the selected manager for all or part of the time.
The responsibilities of the position are summarised as follows:
- Represent MiVAC in all matters relating to MiVAC’s work in Lao PDR;
- Manage indigenous Staff members, volunteers and visitors;
- Pay all accounts as due;
- Meet with Lao Government and District Government Officials;
- Mentor local indigenous personnel and volunteers involved with the project;
- Provide project reports to MiVAC/Rotary Director of Projects;
- Provide both financial and monthly reports to MiVAC Board;
- Purchase equipment and materials as required for the projects
- Assume responsibilities as required.
Place of Living – Phonsovan is the Capital of XiengKhouang Province, Lao PDR. You will be provided with furnished accommodation there.
If you are interested in this position and would like more information, please contact Hugh Hamlyn-Harris at email@example.com .